Hire Dedicated WordPress Developer Learn more
40+ Certified Experts
Hassle-Free Project Delivered
Security & Integrity
Wordpress Core Contributors
Today many websites are the target of phishing attacks, malware, and other cyber warfare. The motives of cyber attacks are many. Some are purely for fun. Some are to obtain valuable information or to cripple your business. Today many leading sites are powered by WordPress. The latter platform is high profile and therefore attracts more attention as well as threats to security. So, if you own a WordPress powered site you need to have the strongest security possible. There have been several cases of site owners having to pay ransomware in order to get back access to their site. Currently, many businesses operate through e-commerce sites. If the site is down due to malicious attacks it will adversely affect both the commercials and reputation of the concerned business.
- How To Prevent Threats To Your WordPress Site
The security of the WordPress core software is pretty robust. Numerous developers audit it regularly. However, there are many steps you can take to ramp up the security of your WordPress site. A few are given below.
- Lockdown the site if wrong passwords are entered repeatedly. This protects against brute force technique popular among hackers.
- The most important step you can take to ensure your WordPress site’s security is to keep it up-to-date. Make sure to regularly update the WordPress Core, plugins as well as themes.
- Automatically log out inactive users. Many folks leave their terminals and return later. This is an opportunity for hacking attempts.
- Introduce 2-factor authentication. Here the user has to enter login details for 2 distinct components. The components presented to the user and their order is determined by the site owner. For instance, a normal password to be entered followed by a captcha.
- Change the admin username. Never have “admin” as the username for the main administrator account. It is very easy to guess and attack. Use a complex username instead.
- What is Anti-Spam WordPress Plugins
Generally, without filtering software, many spam messages reach the comments section of your WordPress site. Fortunately, there are many anti-spam WordPress plugins that identify and block spam. This way only genuine comments appear in the comments section.
- Top Anti-spam WordPress plugins
The following are some of the top Anti-spam WordPress plugins
- Stop Spammers Spam Prevention
- Stop Spam Comments
- Spam Destroyer
- GoodBye Captcha
- Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin
- WordPress Zero Spam
- WP-SpamShield Anti-Spam
- Anti-Spam Bee
- Benefits of WordPress Anti-Spam Plugins
Certain plugins supply weekly/monthly statistics of the spam which the former detect. A quality anti-spam plugin does not permit any spam comments to be placed into the WordPress database. Site owners save time and effort by not having to manually find and delete spam themselves. The plugins also prevent fake user registration and brute force attacks.