Hire Dedicated WordPress Developer Learn more
A WordPress website that can translate into multiple languages globally! So efficient, isn't it?
After all, a buyer won’t buy if they cannot read.
Preparing your WP website multilingual is the most prominent way to serve global audiences’ intent. As it offers personalization, localisation, better user experience, brand recognition, visitor time enhancement all in one frame.
Let’s see what insights are saying, as according to a market research firm,
- 75% of people like to buy products in their native languages.
- 60% of buyers never buy only from English-oriented languages.
However, if you think of picking website content, filter it through a translation app, and you are done! Then you need to know more, including:
- How to make careful decisions on what language you want to use?
- How best translate language and manage local SEO?
- Cost of maintaining & creating a multilingual WP website
How to make careful decision to choose website languages
Creating a multilingual website is not something just to translate a website into 20 international languages, but a time & money-consuming process. When you select a language, you also select the set of costs you have to pay for that language. Make sure languages are useful for your brand & payoff in case of a brand's future.
- Determine countries you want to expand business
- Use Google analytics to find the top 10 languages your visitor browse
- Don’t just translate your website in each language but be selective in term of target
- Save yourself to generating more work for you and your team, but find modern-day solutions
- Do research well before assuming the language of any country
After these pivotal tips, now let’s roll towards how to prepare your WP website multilingually?
How to create a WordPress Website Multilingually?
1. By Generating Multisite- Creating multiple sites is the utmost solution that successfully uses for multilingual websites as well. The process follows by multiple other benefits, including:
- Fast Website CMS
- Flexible website
- Easy to support
After creating multiple sites, it is a manual procedure in which local editors look after their language variants.
2. Using WP multilingual plugins
1) TranslatePress- At the same time the translation plugin allows you to translate Live, doesn’t ask for creating multiple versions of the same article. The WP multilingual plugin powers you with a combination of human & machine translators.
2) WPML- Stands for WordPress Multilingual, is one of the most popular plugins of WordPress. The plugins will automatically detect your site’s language.
3) Polylang- Over 500,000 active subscribers, this WP plugin doesn't need any premium version to start WP multilingual.
Note: If you are a beginner, we recommend TranslatePress. However, advanced users searching for an eCommerce solution will love WPML and for a free plugin option, you can use Polylang.
Top 4 Practices of WP website multilingual (A detailed insight)
Apart from the abovementioned consideration, here some more critical points you should keep in mind while making a website multilingual.
1. Use dedicated URLs- Duplicity is an apex concern in the event of site multilingual. It can affect site SEO and rankings. And the site leads towards Google panties and de-indexing. So what you need to ignore this issue, as when you translate the same content, showing plagiarism is common.
Solution: Use locally specific URLs (dedicated URLs) that include language indicators.
2. Consider SEO strategy- You must make a full-blown SEO strategy before performing steps of website multilingual.
Points to the remember-
- Translate keywords and metadata together, so you can target broader keywords.
- Don’t forget the fact that maybe Google is the most dominating search engine in the U.S but not for each country, including china, Russia.
- Well, research the local keywords & content for your niche. It will boost your local traffic and organic traffic as well.
3. Design for language- When you change languages but keep the design the same, some critical issues can cross your route. For example, Chinese, Korean and Japanese take just some words, however, English consumes a complete sentence and Hindi and German, take up 30% more space than English.
- Quick consideration:
- Layout changes
- Text space
- Aesthetically suits each other
4. Consider cultural difference- Yes, no doubt WordPress website multilingual will build an international presence strong. It offers personalization to targeted audiences in the shape of their native languages. One should not forget each language has its own slag, tone, expression, and rules, so make sure you don’t miss them.
Also, please think over native culture, sentiments, characteristics and targetable regions as well.
Others practices (A brief insight)
- Use simple language switch options
- Choose a quality translation method
- Use Hreflang tags
- Consider date, currency, multimedia, and measurement formats accordingly
So are you prepared now?
Hope, after reading this out-and-out article about building WP websites multilingual, now you are prepared. This can offer brands better organic traffic, international customer base, online visibility, and SEO improvement.
However, you can’t neglect the time, efforts, and cost you have to invest in it. And after that, if you don’t achieve Goals?
Well, you can hire the Best WordPress Development agency to get guaranteed results.