Hire Dedicated WordPress Developer Learn more
40+ Certified Experts
Hassle-Free Project Delivered
Security & Integrity
Wordpress Core Contributors
Backlinks are often called the backbone of site SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). But what would you do, if the backlink does not land right? What if bookmarking, blogging or any other Off-page submission activities failed? What if your visitor clicks a site or Off-site link and reaches nowhere. As a full-fledged WordPress Development Company, we can feel that pain. And know-how WordPress 301 redirection can be fruitful.
Do you have ever been greeted with a “404 error” (Page does not exist)? If yes, then you might have felt time-waste. But the question is, do your customers feel the same for your site?
If you don’t want to let this happen to your WordPress site, start using 301 redirects. To know what WordPress 301 redirection is and how it performs the process, keep rolling.
What is 301 redirect?
As the name indicates, it is a process of redirection. In the process developers make the user and search engine boot click on a link, which will lead them to the different URLs.
301 is one the most common redirects from other commonly used redirects 302 and meta refresh. It is the most friendly one, as it moved permanently and is recommended for SEO.
Why does 404 emerge on your WordPress site?
There are several reasons for 404 emerging to your sites, check them out below.
- A Mistyped URL – In some cases, A simple extra letter in the page’s URL can lead your users to 404.
- Caching Problems – The browser caches can also be reasons for 404. In this case, you’ll keep seeing the 404 error even if the site works well for everyone else.
- Domain Name Server (DNS) Settings Issues – Sometimes, domains may not have propagated to DNS, and the error emerges when you try to access the site’s pages.
- WordPress Compatibility Issues – Sometimes, problems are generated with plugins or themes. It affects URLs and permalinks for your website. If anyone tries to access an URL with WordPress permalinks, a 404 error occurs.
404 error isn’t unique to WordPress, it can crop up on any platform. However, WordPress supplies many advantages and ways to troubleshoot the issue. Let’s discuss what to do if you find a WordPress 404 error.
When to Add 301 Redirects?
If you don’t want to deal with the big one later, start it earlier. Take a note of the daily-based process, where you should use 301 redirects after the procedure.
- When you change URLs for a single page or post – After Change of URLs for a single page or post, add 301. It will redirect the links (external/internal) from the old one to the new one.
- When you merge multiple posts – After converting multiple posts to a single one, don’t forget to redirect the URLs.
- When you change your domain name – After changing the domain name, while keeping the same content, add 301 redirects. It redirects it from the old one to the new one.
How to add WordPress 301 redirection to your WordPress site?
You can perform it in two ways:
- Redirect with htaccess
- Use simple 301 redirect plugins
In this article, we are shedding light on the second route, so one can learn the easiest way to [removed].
Use Simple 301 Redirect Plugin-
- To use the plugin, install and activate it.
- Go to the setting >> redirect.
- Now all you need to do is, enter the last part of the original URL to “Request Box” (left side).
- Now enter the new URL on “Destination Box” (right side).
- The lower given “Wildcards Box” can help you in other advanced redirects.
Shortly, if you want your site users and search engine to rank your site or site pages, add the WordPress 301 redirection plugin. However, if you don’t want to take a chance or want WordPress experts to perform it, hire WordPress developers today. At, WordpresWebsite.in, We have been working for years in the field of WordPress Development, contact us for the best WordPress development services. If you looking for a WordPress development service provider who redirects your page or post like a pro then you can also contact us at https://www.wordpresswebsite.in/contact-us/.