Hire Dedicated WordPress Developer Learn more
Although profuse options are available for web developers to power their websites, most users prefer WordPress.
WordPress powers almost one-third of all the websites on the internet. The customisations and in-built SEO functionalities offered by the development platform can be the primary explanation behind its immersive use.
However, online stores generally lack security and often become the target of hacks. Such attacks may restrain the performance and leak access to confidential data on your site. That’s why it becomes essential to protect it from malicious attacks.
If you are looking for tips & tricks to safeguard your eCommerce store, you have reached the right page.
Top 5 Anti-hacking tips & tricks for your WordPress website
Now that you have understood the importance of protecting your eCommerce store against hackers, let us discuss some tips that will help you accomplish this goal:
- Use the Latest Version of WordPress : One of the most vital steps for protecting your website from cyber-attacks is to install the latest WordPress version. Regular updates provide you with additional features and bring improvements along with bug & security fixes. These enhancements assure security and allow you to remain safe against common, easy-to-exploit vulnerabilities.
- Use the Latest Versions of Themes and Plugins : WordPress is widely famous for its numerous themes and plugins. They form the core of WordPress as it provides you with additional functionalities, seamless communication, security, and speed. By forgetting to update your themes and plugins, you might be compromising on security. Slider Revolution can be cited as a perfect example demonstrating the impact of using outdated ones on security.
- Restrict Inactive Users on your WordPress : Inactive users refer to those who don’t manage your site anymore. Dormant users, especially Administrators who can revise content, are possibly one of the most fragile points of any site. It is best to remove such users from your website. Still, if you wish to have dormant users, adjust their role to ‘Subscriber’ to limit major actions.
- Disable File Editing : WordPress, by default, grants administrative users to edit PHP files concerned with plugins and themes available inside the WordPress Admin interface. Such functionalities allow code execution on the server and are probably the primary target for an attacker or hacker. That’s why you must disable file editing on your WordPress.
- Being Selective with Plugins and Themes : Although Plugins can prove to be very helpful when you want to perform additional tasks, you must be careful while installing new ones. Some of them can be harmful to your website and impact its security. It is advisable to read the description before installing any new one on your online store. Tools Pack malware plugin is the leading example of an unsafe installation that can restrain the security of your site.
Protecting a WordPress website is an imperative job for any developer. These anti-hacking tips will help rescue your store against possible data theft. You should consider updating all the installed plugins and themes. Further, uninstalling unnecessary plugins can also lower the attack surface.
Are you worried about your website’s security? You can relax now, as we are here to help you by offering the finest WordPress security services in India. We at WordPress Website have a team of expert developers who can efficiently handle your online store and help you enhance your website’s security.